Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This blows

Last night, Short Stuff was happily playing in his bath when he looked up and noticed the showerhead. 'Dat?' he wanted to know, so I told him and gave a simple description of a shower.

He looked down and considered this. Then he pointed at the faucet and in an unsure voice said 'bath?'

'Yes', I told him. That's where the water comes out for your bath.'

He pointed up at the shower and said 'Daddy', then at the faucet and said 'me! me!'

'Yes, Daddy takes a shower and Jacob takes a bath.' Grand communication all around! He then proceeded to dump water over his head with his toy watering can, giggling 'Daddy!' as he pretended to shower like Daddy. All was sunshine and roses until he lifted his face and managed to pour water right up his nose.

I lifted him out of the tub and wrapped him in a towel as he flapped frantically at his face. I held up a tissue but he batted it away.
'Blow your nose,' I told him and snorted air to remind him what to do. He snatched the tissue away and held it to my nose instead. Getting nowhere fast, I turned to reach for the nasal aspirator tha was sitting on the counter, saying 'Jacob, you need to blow your nose!'

No sooner had those words left my mouth than Short Stuff leaned into my collarbone and blew his nose, exactly as I told him he should... long and hard, straight into my shirt.



Consider the role of Mom.

Cook, doctor, housekeeper, entertainer, peacemaker, librarian.






Handkerchief.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how many times I've said, "Stop wiping your nose on my shirt!"

You forgot napkin. Moms are often napkins too.

Mrs. Booms said...

I love it. Well, not the snot, but the story.

Suzie said...

Too funny. Well you got your point across

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Haha. Belated Happy Mother's Day.

J said...

LOL how funny!! I know it probably was very icky for you but its still sooo cute.

PS. What are you going to get with your Gamestop giftcard??? You never said!

Gerbil said...

I got Condemned 2. (Because survival horror is not JUST your average secretarial job.) but i haven't started it yet because i'm still working on final fantasy - crisis core that my son loaned me.

a Tonggu Momma said...

So was that your Mother's Day gift? HaHaHa.

Gerbil said...

no that was my admin's day gift at work my mother's day gift were the Cure tickets.

JoeinVegas said...

Ah, yess, mother's day is every day of the year.

Unknown said...

LOL. Perfect. I've often become kleenex, napkin, and almost toilet paper, once.

Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

And don't forget vomit catcher!

Shan said...

Oh that was funny!

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

LOL!

Lance and I had a very similar encounter, only Lance actually managed to turn the shower on rather than just pointing at it. The poor thing was terrified!