Monday, May 19, 2008

Now that's just Bull.

Short Stuff and I were on our own this weekend and he was in fine form. Despite cutting another troublesome molar, he was running in fifth gear from the moment his feet hit the floor in the morning until his head hit the mattress at night.

We went out on Saturday to run errands and while trying to cross from the curb at one of the dreaded warehouse stores, we were very nearly run over by some jerk who decided that speeding up so that I had to jump back was hysterical. Mind you, this wasn't a teenager, either, it was a guy well into his fifties, driving a very expensive Mercedes. And just as he shot past me with that smirk on his face?

He hit a pothole he wasn't looking at and he blew a tire.

And I? Turned and said loudly ''Your mother would have told you it served you right for being an ass!''

Good Lord, one of these days I might get my butt kicked but I laaaaaaaaughed all the way to the car.


The rest of the weekend was a jubilant blur of running toddler feet and the excitement of being! almost! two! and! everythings! fun!!

We watched a Baby Einstein dvd about farms and everytime the cow puppet or the illustration appeared, Shortness yelled ''Booooool!''

At first I thought he was saying moo. ''That's a cow'. I said, nodding, "And the cow says mooo.''

''No! Boool!''

Lather, rinse, repeat. And then it dawned on me. Puppet, illustration... NO UDDERS. Bull.

He's right, its not a cow, its a bull.

Dang. Forget being smarter than a fifth grader, I'm not even smarter than a guy not yet two!

7 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

HaHa! The same thing happened to me at the zoo. Did you know some animals do wear shoes? Yes, me, too. Well, I do now. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I can't remember the details but there was an animated movie once that was set on a farm and had male and female cows. They were all cows cause they all had udders but male cows wore hats.

Suzie said...

Ohhh I hate those speedy guys what ajerk. I'm glad you said something.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, it is a bull! We have that DVD and it just never crossed my mind! Don't I feel like a real dummy!

queenrandom said...

Serves him right indeed! Awesome. I love instant karma.

You know I've been thinking about this, and I think I can make you feel better. You ARE smarter. You know why? Because you know that a cow and a bull are different varieties of the same species. I bet the babe thinks they're as different as cats and dogs.

frannie said...

that is really smart.

my almost 2 year old thinks that was a cow says is "moon"

Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Kids are so smart.

I applaud you for your comment to that man!