Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I just don't even know how to classify this one.

Today was an especially lovely day. Low 80s, sunny... although I spent the entire day cooped up in my office, I'm sure my car enjoyed the warm sun... warm, warm sun... closed-up car.... temperature rising inside, toasty and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally warm.

So when I left the office I was in a hurry to go pick up the baby. I got into the car quickly and pulled the door shut and then nearly keeled over as I immediately began clawing for the door handle to let myself back OUT.

Oh foolish me! For I had not paid any attention when my son got out of the car yesterday. No, I did not notice the socks he left behind. The socks he'd apparently been wearing FOR THREE DAYS on his teenaged feet, the feet with a side of extra hormones.... the socks that had been simmering in the closed car as the internal temps climbed into the 90s...

Dear lord. The horror. THE HORROR. The SMELL!!!

My car... my beloved Camry... smells like BAKED FEET. And there was nothing I could do about it. I did have to be grateful that the poor baby had a cold at least, and was not likely to be overcome.

But me? I'm still trying to get the smell out of my sinuses. So wrong. SO WRONG.

6 comments:

Alpha Dude said...

I hope the smell leaves your car real soon. (FeBreeze)
We started out with beautiful weather this morning and ended up with thunder storms and tornado warnings.

Keeping you in our prayers.

my4kids said...

I agree with Alpha Dud we are big fans of febreeze around here! I agree though that is soo wrong! Eeww was all I could think of at first!
By the way I am jealous of your 80-90 degrees its cold again here :(

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Well I can tell you that I know your pain ALL too well.

I had no idea he was going to live with his Dad. You must email me and update me further.

Anonymous said...

Oh God... The smell is one thing, but will you be able to polish the desperate claw marks off the inside of your door?

That Chick Over There said...

I would classify this one as:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAH!

frannie said...

oh, vomit! that is all I can say!