So we have this very very large shrub at the corner of the house, next to the living room window. It's apparently a wonderful place if you happen to be feathered, and I often hear birds chirping from its leafy depths. The last few weeks have led me to realize a few things... first, that shrub is THE birdy place to be. The club of choice. Birdland, if you will. Any birdy who's SOMEbirdy is there.
Second, Birdland seems to be the place to find your birdy hookups. And if you happen to be a birdy hooking up... you then move to the No Tell Motel, which would be the top of my front door. Yes indeed. Any hour of the day, unsuspecting passersby could find themselves witnessing a little birdy action taking place on my front door. No wonder the chipmunk moved out. I mean REALLY.
I was driving up to my mom's shop this morning to drop of some things and noticed what appeared to be a turkey up on the small hill. "Oh neat," I thought "Man, I haven't seen wild turkeys around here for... well... a really long time." And I went on my way.
When I was returning home, that turkey was still there, now joined by about a dozen more. And as my car got closer, I realized that they weren't turkeys at all. They were buzzards. And more were landing... lots more. And oh. Ick. They were handling the ah... roadside cleanup detail because apparently the department of transportation has been lax about deer on the road. Not exactly the charming tableau I thought I'd been seeing. Bleah. There are times when nature ain't so cute.
I've been tagged. Thankfully, its a meme and not like a toe tag... although there have been days this week where it felt like that was entirely within the realm of possibility.
But I digress.
Mommy Brain tagged me and this is how you play:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. (Weird? Oh, I got yer weird, never fear)
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I know how to spin. And I don't mean ellipticals or whatever the heck people are referring to when they talk about spin classes. I mean taking tufts of carded wool and making yarn out of it. And yes, I have both a spinning wheel and a drop spindle, and Rumplestiltskin ain't my name.
2. I hate whistling. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up and my teeth curl. It really, really, really drives me up the wall. I don't know why, there's just something about whistling that hurts my ears and makes me want to run away.
3. I read really quickly. I can finish a 600 page novel in about 2 hours, with full retention. And I will re-read books I like, which means I have more books in my house than anyone knows what to do with.
4. I am afraid of the dark, but only indoors. I used to have this scary crazy black cat when I was a kid, and he would hide under things and jump out and bite you in the dark. So, unless there was a light on, we were certain Lucifer was gonna get us. That cat has been dead more than 20 years and I STILL hate being in the dark in the house.
5. Although I love horseback riding, white horses make me uncomfortable. I am not certain why.
6. I hate the smell of vanilla unless it involves food.
7. I am a great big geekazoid and own and play more video games than my teenaged son. Ok, well I don't get to play much anymore, but I can lay the serious smackdown on the boy when I choose to. My favorites are FPS, survival horror (gimmie some zombies and I am a happy chick) and RPGs.
I am closing my eyes and hitting links at random, so here's who gets tagged:
Velocibadger, for many reasons including Im in hur blog, taggin hur brayn
The former South Carolinian, now in Ohio
Suzie who now has me thinking of the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch
Lone Grey Squirrel
The Reluctant Housewife
Although I smacked... er... TAGGED everyone at random, really anyone can play.
And because I have to go to work, I'll alert everyone that they were tagged sometime later today.