Monday, April 7, 2008

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out

I was walking down the hall yesterday and as I approached the elevator, there was a man standing with his back to me. He was impeccably dressed in what looked like a very costly suit, very polished, Very Important Looking.

And then he squatted once, twice, and on the second downward lunge, he grabbed his crotch and gave things a good shake. Then he stood and shook his tush a few time to settle things out. Since it was obvious he didn't know I was there, I dodged down the side hall and re-emerged like I was just arriving to the scene and hadn't witnessed the readjustment dance.

Ah yes. You can put us in expensive clothes but we're all still monkeys underneath.

13 comments:

Heather J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather J. said...

That must have been some sight. Very nice of you to pretend not to see, I would have so been all, "That a new dance?" or "Do you hug your wife with those hands?"

Suzie said...

NICE! Ms. Manners would be proud.

frannie said...

one time at a wedding, a friend and I were walking down the hall and I said I felt like I stunk. (very hot outdoor wedding) She lifted her arm and smelled her own armpit and all of a sudden a guy behind us burst out laughing.... good times!

Tricia said...

At least the guys anyway ;)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Baba Doodlius said...

This is why birds do not wear clothes - the "adjustments" are much simpler without them.

That Chick Over There said...

LOLtastic!

velocibadgergirl said...

BWAHAHAHA!!! This sort of shit only happens to you, I swear.

Betsey Booms said...

That's awesome.

Reluctant Housewife said...

why are these things always happening to you? The gods of blog fodder must smile upon you.

Love your stories!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Oh goodness, I don't think I would have been as controlled as you. I probably would have just stood right there and laughed uncontrollably.

Sorry, dude. Adjust your business in public and sometimes you get busted.

Hilarious!

queenrandom said...

I just laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.