Monday, April 7, 2008

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out

I was walking down the hall yesterday and as I approached the elevator, there was a man standing with his back to me. He was impeccably dressed in what looked like a very costly suit, very polished, Very Important Looking.

And then he squatted once, twice, and on the second downward lunge, he grabbed his crotch and gave things a good shake. Then he stood and shook his tush a few time to settle things out. Since it was obvious he didn't know I was there, I dodged down the side hall and re-emerged like I was just arriving to the scene and hadn't witnessed the readjustment dance.

Ah yes. You can put us in expensive clothes but we're all still monkeys underneath.

12 comments:

Heather J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather J. said...

That must have been some sight. Very nice of you to pretend not to see, I would have so been all, "That a new dance?" or "Do you hug your wife with those hands?"

Suzie said...

NICE! Ms. Manners would be proud.

frannie said...

one time at a wedding, a friend and I were walking down the hall and I said I felt like I stunk. (very hot outdoor wedding) She lifted her arm and smelled her own armpit and all of a sudden a guy behind us burst out laughing.... good times!

Tricia said...

At least the guys anyway ;)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

Baba Doodlius said...

This is why birds do not wear clothes - the "adjustments" are much simpler without them.

That Chick Over There said...

LOLtastic!

Mrs. Booms said...

That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

why are these things always happening to you? The gods of blog fodder must smile upon you.

Love your stories!

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Oh goodness, I don't think I would have been as controlled as you. I probably would have just stood right there and laughed uncontrollably.

Sorry, dude. Adjust your business in public and sometimes you get busted.

Hilarious!

queenrandom said...

I just laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.